Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 David L. Bucknam Memorial Scholarship.
This $2,000 memorial scholarship, established by friends of David Bucknam, honors David’s passion for the out-of-doors, learning and living. The Bucknam Memorial Scholarship will provide financial support to a junior or senior undergraduate student majoring in a field related to mine reclamation/restoration such as biology, botany, geography, geology, hydrology, environmental, range or soil science.
Those eligible to apply must be enrolled as full-time students of junior or senior standing for the Fall 2017 semester at an accredited college or university in Colorado. The recipient will demonstrate a love for the out-of-doors, excitement about life-long learning, and an anticipated career devoted to environmental science. Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in field work and team work. Students with at least an overall GPA of 3.0 may apply.
Preference will be given to those students who are pursuing a course of study directly related to reclamation or the environment.
- Download and complete this PDF application form,
- Write a short Career Objective Essay in which you:
- discuss your specific career goals,
- how this scholarship will help you achieve and accomplish those goals,
- describe your decision to major in science/environmental field, and
- any volunteer or community service or other environmental experiences work you have been involved with. The essay has a one page limit—300-400 words.
- Include a one-page resume. The resume should include, among other things, a list of honors, awards, and scholarships received (if any), a list of extra curricular activities (if any);
- Include a list of three references with email and phone contact information.
Mail or email his completed form and your other materials by June 15, 2017 to:
the David L. Bucknam Memorial Scholarship Fund, 465 S. Pearl St. Denver Colorado 80209 (materials must arrive before 6/15) or e-mail the above information and attach your other materials electronically as a Microsoft Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org